SA Heart Travel Scholarship
SA Heart® Travel Scholarship
Applications for the SA Heart® Travel Scholarship for the second term in 2020 are invited to reach the SA Heart Office between 1 April and 30 June 2020.
The scholarship is for the value of up to R25 000.00 for international meetings and R9500.00 for local meetings.
This scholarship is available to all members and associate members residing in South Africa. It is primarily intended to assist junior colleagues to ensure continued participation in local or international scientific meetings or workshops.
- Applicants must be fully paid up members/associate members for at least one year.
Early and mid-career applicants (< 5 years post-qualification as specialist and/or < 5 years post-PhD qualification)
Acceptance of an abstract/poster presentation at the scientific meeting to be attended or other involvement in the programme.
- Awards will not be made for conferences or workshops retrospective to the application submission deadline. If the conference is taking place within six (6) weeks following the submission deadline, please indicate this in the appropriate place on the application form;
- It is not a requirement for the abstract to be accepted by the conference travel application closing date. Should the acceptance of the paper, including proof of registration not be available at the time of submission of the application, then a provisional award may be made pending the receipt of the acceptance of paper;
- Please ensure that applications are made as well in advance as possible (preferably at least six months prior to the conference date);
- Applicants may only submit one application every second year. The scholarship is for the value of up to R20 000.00 for international meetings and R7500.00 for local meetings.
- Awards are only made in the event that a paper or a poster is being presented or in the event of a workshop attendance, that the reviewers deem the workshop attendance to be of high impact and benefit to the SA Heart® community.
- The applicant must ensure that the application is fully completed including the requirements as detailed in the checklist section. Applicants are asked to be concise and to only include applicable and relevant information;
- Awards are granted for one specific conference. Should that specific conference be cancelled or the full amount allocated not utilised for any reason, then the funds must revert to the SA Heart®;
- A written report on the relevant congress attended will need to be submitted by the successful applicant within six weeks of attending the congress. The congress report will be published in the South African Heart Association Newsletter.
Completed applications may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or before the deadline date.
Please request a fillable MS Word version of the application form from the SA Heart® Office or print, complete and scan the PDF version